In order to foster professional standards throughout the pest control industry, joining members engaged in pest control must meet the following criteria.
Please ensure that you can meet these criteria before sending in your application.
The business must have been actively trading for a minimum of 2 years. This may be evidenced by sight of a set of audited accounts or a statement from an accountant that the first year's accounts are in preparation. IT IS NOT OUR POLICY TO ASK FOR A COPY OF YOUR ACCOUNTS TO BE RETAINED BY THE IPCA.
Officers of the business must not be undischarged bankrupts.
All pest control technicians employed by IPCA members must hold a PMU Number from the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine or be issued with a Conditional PMU subjected to a mentoring period.
The business must not sub-contract work involving the application of public health pesticides except to other IPCA members* (who will also be bound by the requirements of the IPCA Code of Practice).
The business should carry adequate insurances the type and level of which will depend on the nature of the business.
- Any business which employs persons should hold Employers Liability Insurance. A minimum of €12.7m is required.
- Pest Control Servicing Companies should carry Public Liability Insurance cover. A minimum of €1.27 m is required.
The IPCA will expect applicants to hold the above cover. Depending on the nature of the contracts held, the business of your clients or the work you carry out, insurance requirements may be greater. Consult your broker for his/her advice.
Applicants must undertake to abide by the requirements of the IPCA Codes of Practice and the IPCA Code of Conduct.
- Contacts department. If you need something, call us and, if we don't know the answer, we will ensure we find someone who does!!
- Business mentors on the telephone for you to utilise
- Use of the IPCA logo to signify your company's status
- The criteria for membership and on-site audits ensures that you can demonstrate your companies professionalism and standards to a third party
- The IPCA will proactively broadcast these standards to potential customers, raising your profile in competitive situations against non-members
- This is significant when looking to obtain new agreement
BUSINESS PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
Your company will be actively promoted to potential customers through web sites and relationships with Media organisations Association produced leaflets and documents to support you:
- Designed to promote and complement members company information
- Corporate advertising online
- Media packs and support documents
- Members listing
- Training updates
- Contacts department. If you need something, email us and, if we don't know the answer, we will ensure we find someone who does!!
- Members areas
HEALTH AND SAFETY COMPETENT PERSONS
- Advice on a range of Health and Safety at Work Act matters
- Assistance with document construction and implementation within your business to ensure legal compliance
SPECIAL INSURANCE SCHEMES
- Broad range of insurance schemes covering all aspects of private and commercial life, beneficial rates for members
PRIORITY ACCESS AND DISCOUNTED RATES ON ALL COURSES
- A channel for obtaining advance notification of developments in legislation from both Ireland and EU and how it may affect your service delivery. Voice to deliver your concerns back to the decision makers, to assist in direction allowing policies to be workable and positive for your business
REGISTER OF MEMBERS
- Membership details are entered onto IPCA web site for potential customers to use. Increases your potential for additional enquiries.
PR CAMPAIGNS AND PRESS RELEASES
- Actively promoting the Association and thus members through Press & Media Releases
- Campaigns on behalf of members to raise awareness of the need for professional pest control services
- To bring the Association face to face with potential customers and ensure they understand the need for professional pest control services and the benefits of using an IPCA member.